NEW POSITION – Tap Room Manager
Location: Rochester Mills Production Brewery – Auburn Hills, MI
Rochester Mills is opening up a public tasting room at our Production Brewery in the next few weeks and we are looking for an experienced tasting room manager to join our team. We are interested in finding qualified candidates with managerial experience in either a tasting/tap room or bar setting. Craft beer knowledge and passion is also a must. The successful candidate will be easy going and good-natured while at the same time effective and self-motivated. This is a part time position and the manager must be available weekends and some holidays.
The Tap Room Manager will:
- Ensure all of our customers have the best possible experience in the tap room.
- Hire, schedule and manage employees working in tap room during normal hours and events if necessary.
- Oversee cost control and profitability of the tap room.
- Develop the scope and utility of the tap room.
- Rigorously maintain draft systems in the tap room.
- Manage inventory and program daily tap selections.
- Manage cleanliness, appearance, and merchandising in the tap room.
- Serve in tap room.
- Schedule and coordinate on-site events and private parties when necessary.
- Maintain the tap room page on the Mills website.
- Work with marketing to properly promote the tap room.
- Open up, close out and all other day to day activities necessary to keep the tap room running.
- Organized, self-motivated, accurate and efficient.
- Must be able to lift heavy weights including moving full kegs.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule: days, nights and or weekends.
- Must be Certified Cicerone w/in 1 year of hire.
- Must be TIPS trained before starting.
This as a salaried position with the potential to earn tips.
Compensation will be determined based on experience.
The right person will be in at the ground level of a relatively new start up business in a growing industry. We’re all wearing multiple hats, and you will too. We’re looking for a team player, and one who is excited about the challenge of helping to build a successful brand and grow the business. We’re looking for someone who is interested in playing a role in the overall business long term.
If you’re interested in applying, please send along a short note expressing why you’d like to join the team and why you’d be good at the job (i.e. a cover letter) and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org